Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's a Glitter Ball!

Goooood evening glittery polish fans! Just finished a chapter of vocab for Cognitive Psych, so it's totally time for a glittery blog post!  This one literally made me do a glitter dance when I put it on! I present my first ever Picture Polish, Glitter Ball, over Avon's Wicked!


Shall we get to the glitter dance? So to begin this gloriously glittery rainbowy holo mani, you first have to start with a stunningly dark and shimmery base. Blue and black seemed too mainstream, so I wanted to try something new...why not an Avon shimmer shade lying around in my untried pile? As you know, I love Avon polish. It comes in 4 finishes, is opaque in 1 coat, and has great wear time! This is one coat of Wicked with flash to show the subtle red shimmer to it. It looks either black or very dark burgundy red without flash, as it does in the previous picture. 


Now comes the star! I would never normally buy Picture Polish (expensive!), but I got it on Copious for $3. Why not? This is just 1 coat followed by Seche Vite. I didn't think it would look as awesome as I thought, but it did! I literally beat my feet on the ground in happiness when I saw this glittery rainbow holo goodness! I couldn't believe how pretty it was! With flash, more of the hex holo is seen, and without flash, more of the dot glitter holo is seen. Gorgeous! I give this mani a 9/10 for application and a 10/10 for glitteriness! I love this polish so much! I can't wait to try more of this brand! :D


Like Avon polish? You can buy some in my online store here! http://youravon.com/alexandriasimpson




4 comments: