Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's American Flag

Even though Veteran's Day is Nov 11, my college had events today. Since Stockata is a part of Stockton A Cappella, some of us from each group sang. Because we have to wear all black to look professional (along with a glittery scarf of course ;) he he), I knew I had to do my nails for the event. My dad is a veteran of Iraq after! So after a very long time, I made new American Flag nails much better than the ones I did in my first ever blog post here. Enjoy!


I was so happy with these, and EVERYONE loved these. To start this off, I used 3 coats of China Glaze's Glistening Snow from the Holiday 2012 collection with a coat of Seche Vite to smooth it out. I got it for $4 in a box with Angel Wings and oddly enough a shot glass. Well now I have a place to water marble! Anywho, this polish had beautiful snow coverage in the 3 coats, and was a gorgeous silver polish with holo glitter throughout. Just gorgeous!  I blurred it to show the holoness!


Now to make my flags, I taped off part of my nails and used a coat of OPI The Flowers are Blue-Ming, along with a striper brush using Avon Ruby Slipper for the stripes. Then I dabbed on some top coat to make the silver stars stick. Then I finished with some Seche Vite. I'm so proud of these! I'm a total patriot of this country, and I thank our veterans for doing what they do! This is so a 10/10 for glitter people ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment