Saturday, July 21, 2012

Purple Birthday Swatchathon!

Good afternoon glittery polish lovers! As the name says, welcome to a glittery purple birthday swatchathon! I got a very nice bday nail mail from Heather at I Feel Polished, so today I'm going to share as much of it as I can with you! On to the swatching! First is Zoya Zara, a light purple polish with gold and pink shimmer. Formula was wonderfully smooth and not too thin. Way better than Zoya mini bottles! I used 2 coats to reach opacity. I give it a 9/10 for application and a 7/10 for glitter. I love this color!



So glittery and purple! I absolutely love this, and it has the perfect balance of color and shimmer. After that, I found the purple striping tape that had also come with the polishes. I have little to no patience though, so I only did it on 2 fingers. One day when I have more time, I'll def utilize it, but for now, here's what I got.


Then I went, hey, Sassy Pants by Amy's Nail Boutique would look perfect on top of Zara! I pulled the striping tape off and put one coat of Sassy Pants over Zara. The light purple base was a perfect fit, and the many silver/purple shimmery glitters made it even more wonderful! There are also red, blue, and green square glitters in the polish as well! And may I say, that was one of the smoothest indie glitter polish applications I've had! This polish gets a 9/10 for application and a 7/10 for glitter!


I then moved on to the darker purple in the box, Dream On by Sinful Colors. And the song played in my head to! Ha! I was confused by the application of this polish at first. It was drying much too fast I thought. My application was awful!  And then boom! I looked at my first dried nail. It was matte! Woah! My first matte, and it was by Sinful Colors! I actually liked it! No glitter, but very nice color! Only 1 coat was used for the swatch.


Finally I moved on to the custom holographic top coat Heather made for me. I'm saving the last glittery NYC polish she sent for a rainy day :) She used some special powder to make the holo top coat, so now I can make anything holographic! I put one coat on top of Dream On, and boy, was it pretty! Some holos look kind of blah and not too glittery when they're not in the sun, but this one looked like silver glitter! And in natural and artificial light, why, it was simply rainbowy! I love all of the polishes she sent, so you should def go visit the I Feel Polished page on facebook!  She deserves tons of love!  https://www.facebook.com/ifeelpolished









1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS BECAUSE ITS ALLL PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete