Monday, July 2, 2012

Freedom Calling 4th of July Mani

Happy Early 4th of July glittery polish lovers! I recently happened upon a restock of Pretty & Polished's Etsy store, and I was able to get my hands on Freedom Calling, a marvelous red, white, and blue glitter polish! Being patriotic, I made a simple yet glittery 4th of July mani!



So to start off I used 1 coat of Sally Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat. Then I alternated on my fingers between Avon's Ruby Slipper (quickly becoming my fave shimmery red) and OPI's The Flowers are Blue-Ming! (also becoming my fave glittery blue) using only 1 coat each.  It looked very nice even without the glitter!


Look at the shimmer and glitter! Glorious! After that dried (which was roughly the time it took me to do all 5 nails), I used about 2 coats of Freedom Calling on each nail. Now I love red, white, and blue. This glitter was a clear base chock full of red, white, and blue bar, hex, dot, and square glitters! Truly wonderful! It had very easy application, and I didn't have to fish for glitter. I dabbed a bit at spots that just wouldn't get a hex, but the overall coverage was great!  I give this a 9/10 for glitter and a 9/10 for application. I'll def order from Pretty & Polished again! Then I finished with a generous coat of Sally Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat. What shine and glitter!


*Pretty & Polished products are roughly $5 for minis and roughly $10 for full size. You can find them here at her etsy store when she restocks http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettyandPolished*



2 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! <3 Happy July 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is pretty amazing.... (and no pink :p)

    ReplyDelete